Harris County Civil Appeals Lawyer
Collections and Creditors’ Rights • Civil Ligation • Mediation/Arbitration
Wells & Cuellar is a dynamic civil law firm dedicated to achieving practical solutions to business and legal problems. The firm’s attorneys are skilled in litigation and experienced in managing a wide variety of transactions, disputes and proceedings. They energetically pursue successful results directed by the client’s goals and expectations, applying classic wisdom to today’s legal problems.
We regularly litigate in Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Beaumont and throughout Texas, and we handle bankruptcy issues for creditors who may need our consultation or special appearance in jurisdictions throughout the United States.
Our Areas of Practice
- Commercial and civil litigation — We handle all phases of contract disputes, internal business disputes, consumer claims and other legal conflicts.
- Collection of debts and judgments — Our lawyers are renowned for recovering payments or collateral under the debtor-friendly laws of Texas.
- Bank and lender recoveries, workouts and foreclosures — We protect the interests of financial institutions in litigated and negotiated resolutions.
- Energy credit issues — We advise energy producers and traders on contracts and agreements, and handle recovery litigation when the music stops and credits go unpaid.
- Creditors’ rights in bankruptcy — We exhaust every avenue under the Bankruptcy Code to recover money in the case of debtors who have filed for relief under Chapters 7, 11 or 13.
- Defense of preference claims in bankruptcy — We have extensive experience in defense of adversary proceedings aimed at compelling forfeiture of monies paid to creditors by debtors prior to filing for bankruptcy protection.
- Defense of products and services (including consumer claims and manufactured homes) — We defend companies against claims of defects, misrepresentation, deceptive trade practices (DTPA), professional liability and other torts.
- Civil appellate practice — We appeal judgments and orders in commercial and civil cases to the state and federal appeals courts, and we welcome attorney referrals.
- Mediation and arbitration services — D. Brent Wells is an experienced mediator and arbitrator who can serve as a neutral to resolve disputes out of court with less hassle and expense.
Texas Collections Attorney
Founding attorney D. Brent Wells is among the minority of Texas lawyers board certified in Commercial and Consumer Law, and one of the few Texas lawyers recognized as a Senior Creditors’ Rights Specialist by the American Board of Certification. With nearly 40 years of civil litigation experience and these unique credentials, he is eminently qualified to collect debts and defend claims, and he and his team have the demonstrated results to back up those credentials.